Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Gambie

While visiting Canada you must see at least one hockey game live. I had bought couple tickets to Vancouver vs. Minnesota game for me and my dear friends Elisa and Derek. Season ending game and Canucks got the Presidents Trophy at the beginning. Good to be there witnessing history.

Before the game Derek took me to the Gambie, place with cheap drinks, lousy music and greasy food so everything you wish from a quality bar. And this all was just couple blocks from the Rogers Arena. I fell in love with this place instantly. I could imagine spending lot's of time here if I was living in Vancouver. Place that has hand dryer with message about drying your soul can't be bad. During my short stay I actually made couple more stops here after this one. House beers are made by Granville Island brewery so you can actually enjoy decent beer there also.

248. Sleeman - Sleeman Honey Brown Lager
249. Granville Island - Gambie Lager
250. Granville Island - Cypress Honey Lager
251. Granville Island - Brockton IPA

After getting rid of my hangover I decided to visit Granville Island brewery also. Island itself is beautiful, bit touristic though, small island very close downtown Vancouver. Brewery has small tasting room where I was lucky enough to meet guy who used to be brewer at GI.

Granville Island
252. Irish Red (seasonal)
253. Imperial IPA (seasonal)
254. Winter Ale (seasonal)
255. Hefeweizen

While sipping and talking about beer travels he mentioned that there is also another brewery on the same island. Not so special beers but something that you can try only there as their license allows then to sell only at their own restaurant.

Dockside Brewing
256. Catwright Pale Ale
257. Jonston Street Pilsner
258. Old Bridge Lager
259. Pelican Bay Brown

Bartender at Dockside seemed to be very interested about party ferries between Finland and Sweden. And he was talking lot's about blond girls...

No comments:

Post a Comment