Saturday, June 4, 2011

Sleeping in Seattle

Arriving to Seattle tired and wrecked. I walk through the rain to hotel, I thought that I need real hotel at this point as I was dead tired. I saw legendary Hurricane Cafe outside hotel but that must wait. Only fast food and sleep.

On morning I notice something unusual. Sky is bright and it seems to be nice day coming. Didn't expect to see this in Seattle. Great start for day to have breakfast at the Pike Place Market and chatting with locals that what there is to see in this town. I got advice that ferry ride to Bainbridge could be nice so off I go. you can pretty much always trust on tips from locals, beautiful ferry ride to nice small town. Signpost tells me that there is a pub with craft brew taps on the island, easy choice for me. The Harbour Public House offers nice fisherman village atmosphere with ocean view and really nice terrace and of course nice selection of local rotating taps. Hope to see you again Erin, you made to my top bartenders in seconds.

209. Hales - Bavarian Hefeweizen
210. Fish Tale - Mudshark Porter (cask)
211. Georgetown - Mannys Pale Ale

212. Rogue - Mocha Porter
213. Maritime - Pacific Nightwatch
214. Two Beers - Immersion Amber Ale

At Portland I happened to meet Jen, Oregon sales manager of the Pike Brewing. With the note Jen gave to me I went to the Pike Brewing at Pike Market. I got same warm welcome with the note that I got from Jen when meeting her. Throughout introduction to Pike brews.

Pike Brewing
215. Weisse
216. XXXXX
217. XXXXX (cask)
218. Naughty Nelle
219. Pale Ale
220. IPA
221. Kilt Lifter
222. Monk's Uncle
223. Tandem
224. Double Pale Ale

Good meeting you Amanda and Colin. Try to manage there!

225. McMenamins - IPA
226. McMenamins - Ruby

Hurricane cafe, place that used to be the place for rockers to hang out, at least so I heard. Now it still seems to have it's charm, rock is not played here now but way the place looks like is still what it used to be in old days. I would think everything is just the way it was when they opened the place. People here make this place. Next to me is a guy singing "I still wanna be with you". On the other side some dude is having a burger and talking to ketchup. He seems to be telling to ketchup that he is upset about Tabasco. I can feel his pain...
Henrik, this is for you:
227. Pabst - Blue Ribbon

Elysian Brewing Company
228. Pandora's Box
229. Cerise Amour
230. Prometeus IPA
231. BĂȘte Blanche
232. Saison Poivre
233. The Wise ESB

Taproom in Seattle is bit like Yardhouse in San Diego. Helluva amount of taps, 160 in this case, but no heart. It tells something that guy next to me wanted Coors Light and when they didn't have it, he wanted to have tomato juice in his Bud Light to sure it does not taste too strong. 2 fast pints and I'm outta here...

234. Avery - Ellies Brown Ale
235. Mac and Jacks - African Amber Ale (this was excellent!)

Ps. Russian Bakery at Pike Market, Piroshky, Piroshky is freaking good.

2 comments: