Sunday, April 10, 2011

#8

Teemu Selänne
- NHL Totals: Games: 1258 Points: 637+703=1340 (and counting)
- Ten-time NHL All-Star
- Three-time top goal-scorer in the NHL
- All-time points leader in men's Olympic ice hockey
- NHL's all-time rookie goal and point scoring records
- First 40-year-old player in NHL to ever earn 5 points with a hat trick in one game

He is over 40 years old but still going strong. As a Finnish hockey fan I felt that as thanks for all great moments he has offered to me I wanted see him on the ice one more time. Last time for me was on the season 90-91 when Teemu was still playing in Finland.

I made it to Anaheim and Honda Center to see Ducks play against Flames. Seven Finns on ice in total but my visit was salute for one of them. Teemu thanked me for being there by scoring one goal and giving two assist. Equaliser at the end of 3rd period and being second star of the game. Not bad from old man.

1 comment:

  1. How about one more year? I could take another trip to see you again.

    ReplyDelete