Sunday, April 10, 2011

City of Angels

LA was a city that everybody had been saying that I should skip it. It was on the way and I had tickets for Ducks game so I went anyway.

City was quite challenging for tourist, public transport was quite poor, and also for example when I arrived with Greyhound, there was no signs whatsoever to show me how far i was or which way I should head to get to downtown. I decided to cheat and take taxi from bus station to my hotel.

Couple sights that I managed to see were however quite impressive, Hollywood boulevard with it's Chinese Theatre and The Universal City, both easy to reach and free of charge.

The best thing was outside LA. Disneyland was amazing. It is artificial but somehow so magical at the same time. I saw Asimo, most advanced robot in the world and I have to say it is impressive. I stepped on a star, closed my eyes and made a wish. I grew up with this star but now was the first time when I made a wish. I hope I will find what I'm looking for.

When you wish upon a star
Makes no difference who you are
Anything your heart desires
Will come to you

If your heart is in your dream
No request is too extreme
When you wish upon a star
As dreamers do

Like a bolt out of the blue
Fate steps in and sees you through
When you wish upon a star
Your dreams come true

2 comments: