Thursday, April 7, 2011

Why I Sing The Blues


All right, back in business. After chilling out it is time for more serious part of journey; US and it's craft brews. Goal it to head up from San Diego upwards all the way to Vancouver BC. Some of the best beers in the world come from the west coast of US, according to ratebeer.com and of course according to me. Now it is time to find out what these US brewers and beers are really made of.

First night at San Diego, easy start at Rock bottom Brewery. Rock Bottom is chain of brewpubs. they have approximately same beer styles in every pub but beers are different in every place. I like the idea that even within the chain the local brew master can use his skills and recipes.

Rock Bottom, San Diego
59. Pelican Light
60. Hefeweizen
61. Point Break Pale ale
62. Regatta Red
63. Coronado Nut Brown ale
64. Sunset Stout
65. Hop Bomb IPA 3-1-2011
66. Fire Chief Ale 3-8-2011
67. Aged Rum and Toasted Oak Scottish Ale (Cask)

After this I took a small stroll on the town and followed the music. I ended up to weird blues joint that had only few customers, 2 dancing, one girl passed out on bar desk, couple loners sitting on separate tables. 2 man blues band giving BB King sounds: "Yes, I've been around a long, long time". This place is surreal.

68. Speakeasy IPA

"I've Got My Mojo Working" ended the evening and I headed back to hostel. On the bus stop after lowering wheelchair ramp the bus driver announced: "Walk bridge is down, welcome, step in to my kingdom". I like this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment