Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Basic Training

On my way to San Diego and surrounded by Marines. Quite a few of them are heading for for their first basic training, most filled with excitement and looking for adventure. I sat next to nice young fellow, Nathaniel, who gave me excellent tips about what should I eat when in US and in exchange I told him about Europe, world and it's people. Especially Netherlands and it's openness seemed to be interesting to him.

I can imagine what amazing situation and exciting moments this fellow was going through. full of energy heading to something unknown. First time in aeroplane, first time far away from Kansas, first time meeting someone from Europe. I had somewhat same feeling when leaving for my tour but somehow it seems to be bigger step when leaving from first time, even if it is within your home country.

Good luck Nathaniel and hope you make it to Amsterdam on your holiday. Don't let Marines take your open mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment