Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Before takeoff 2

Flights - check
Ground transportation - no idea
Accomodation - NY booked, otherwise open
Places to visit while there - no idea
Visa to Cuba and China - ongoing

I flied to Finland to store things I wanted to keep, 3 was total amount of suitcases, my life didn't fit in two... Week and a half time to get visas before first flight so I headed to one of my dear friends place who was planning to join me in Japan. She also happened to live on area very close to most embassys. Visa to Cuba was amazingly easy. Took 3 hours from leaving application to have visa in my pocket. Smooth so beer for celebrating.


Couple days later I was at embassy of China. Bit more paperwork, looks easy. Only but was what to fill in as visa was valid for 3 months from application only and my plan was to get out from China later than that. Negotiations at office were interesting, lady didn't quote understand untill after a while and then personnel needed negotiate a while if what I requested was ok or not. They showed me green light: "you can enter China if you enter before 3 months is up". Good enough for me, I'm not in hurry to leave from there so I didn't keep asking if I can also get out.

No comments:

Post a Comment