Thursday, February 24, 2011

City with no memory


One tip I got from bartender at Chelsea was The Pony Bar (10th av, 45th st). I was told that I won't be disappointed and o'boy he was right. 20 taps and all those were changing craft brew taps. Have to say: Wow, me likes!

Every time tap runs out and new is tapped, staff rings the bell and everybody in the bar shouts "new beer". After that silent wait when name of the new beer is put on the wall.

I had some superb beers and also noticed that chips ain't same thing here than back home in Ireland.

9. Firestone Walker Double Jack Ipa
10. Victory St. Victorius Dobbel Bock
11. Southern Tier Ipa
12. Ommegang Hennepin
13. Long Trail Hibernator
14. Ommegang Rare Vos
15. Ommegang Adoration
Not sure about names of last 2, was getting bit tipsy here

While sipping drinks I met Steve, cool arty-techie guy from Long Island. We ended up having quite a few brews and after a while Inju, hazy, lazy, mazy girl and Nouri, part time president of Iraq showed up. Together they made a team working with comic "Bucktooth". Check it out, some fun nasty shit!

From them I learned for example that:
- NY was established by transvestite and Central Park is trans -area of NY
- Richies stay at south Manhattan or at their mansions at Long Island
- Biggest explosion before atom bomb was here in NY
- Pavmanok means fish shaped
- NY has no memory

I know, my notes are amazing! There was also lot's of stuff that I wasn't quite able to figure out.

Nouris friend was performing at Bowery Poetry Club so I joined them to see mixed stand up and burlesque show. Some hot acts I say, specially cute girl with fire!


Highlight of evening was however was possible the coolest bar I've been into: Mars Bar. Place was filled with punk and rock'n'roll spirit. I was told that this was pretty much what there was left in NY after they took down CBGB. One place with heart and now they were going to close this aswell... I just made it on time to witness last nights of this awesome bar. Of course I had to leave my heritage also on the wall of this place famous for punk rock and its lack of toilet paper.


(At least)
16. Brooklyn Lager
17. Bass
18. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Oh yes, I had bit difficulties first navigating with subway but after getting stoned it all seemed to make sense. 24 hour subway is awesome, so easy to get back from bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment