Friday, February 25, 2011

Thursday! Torjantai!


Today (17th Feb) is thursday (torjantai) and that means Porterhouse of course. Porterhouse Central is my favorite pub in Dublin and pretty much every thursday I have been gathering there with couple friends. While ago Porterhouse opened their first US location in NY so I had perfect change to check it out and get back on track with my record off all Porterhouses visited.

If you're in NY and want some real good Irish stout, skip all places serving Guinness and come here. (Porterhose at Fraunces Tavern, Pearl Street). Note also that they have bottles of Koff Porter that is considered to be best Finnish beer.

32. Porterhouse Hophead

Hophead was as good as back home, but I did miss bar staff from Dublin. It's not same without you...

Thursday was also the night for me in NY so I wanted to return to my favourite pub: Pony Bar. There are great beer bars at Manhattan but most seem to be at posh area and therefore quite expensive. Pony with 5 dollar pints, no matter what you take was more for me.

33. Barrier Ruthless Ipa
34. Ithaca Flower Power

While having pint at Pony, Steve called and asked me to join house party at 46th st. Steve's collague was trying to get rid of extra drinks he had and I was willing to help.

Place was awesome, suberb location, interior with old wood and red tiles. And to top it up, rooftop access straight from bedroom. Beers on the roof and little bit of wrestling naturally!

35. Blue Moon
36. Coors
37. Hooengarden
38. Corona
39. Amstel
(Hey it was a party, with beers on the house)

NY has been awesome. Great pubs, great neighborhoods and best of all; people. Thanks Steve!

Ps. Abram B, what the hell did you do with my ribs? Still sore.

2 comments: