Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New York, New York

Bit trouble getting in as there was distrupions on subway lines. I had no map so I picked up some random stop to get up. After walking little bit I located myself close Rockefeller center so I was in the hoods already. Did bit sightseeing but backbag and jetlag were getting heavy so I headed to hostel I had booked.

Luckily close to hostel, maybe 5 streets away was one of places I had marked sightseeing spot; "Valhalla". Small bar on 9th avenue was not much from outside but inside they had 37 taps!

Had small chat with bartender and tasted first pints of journey (I don't count stuff on the plane).

1. Harpoon BPA (Belgian pale ale)
2. Stone Levitation Ale

At this point time difference got me and took me to bed and then woke me up at 5 am. Well, lot's time for sightseeing. Central park, Harlem and for last , so I thought, nice stroll from 36th st to head of Manhattan. Soon I noticed that 1st st is not close to head at all...

Walked all the way but after 6 hours walk all together I decided to take bus from head to my second must see spot; Chelsea Brewing Company. This is only actual brewpub located at Manhattan. There is another chain calling them brewpubs but I'll return to them on later posts.

Chelsea is located on old pier so I bet this is the place to have a sip on warm summer day and watch sailboats go by. Bartender gave me great tips and told lot's about beers in NY while I was enjoying some real good brews. Only minus was that they had only 6 brews available at the moment.

3. Checker Cab Blonde
4. Sunset Red
5. Hop Angel
6. High and Dry Porter
7. Pumpkin Spiced Ale
8. Seasonal special, (not sure about name)

No comments:

Post a Comment